Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 17 November 2020

Hen Harrier at Clippesby

I was feeling a little claustrophobic today, so, despite the weather being less than clement, I took the short drive to Clippesby to take some exercise, buy some vegetables and, while I was there, look for the Crane flock.

On this occasion the Cranes were not in any of their usual favoured spots, but there were literally thousands of Pinkfeet all over the fields: probably four large flocks. As I was watching them from a convenient layby, a beautiful ringtailed Hen Harrier drifted across the maize. Always distant, it was none-the-less a very welcome addition to the year list! 









3 comments:

Unknown said...


Thanks for the heads up.Saw these today, clearly loving the location, water and cut sugar beat, all rose together for a reshuffle was quite a sight. :) 23 cranes at the back of the field but could have been more as they were in and out of the cover. Plus 2 beans in with the pinks. Roger

David Bryant said...

Excellent! Any sign of the Harrier?
I've been right through my SD card, but couldn't find any Beans!

Unknown said...

No sign of the harrier. 2 marsh harriers working the field. The beans just dropped in from another part of the flock. Odd thing was a called half an hour earlier on my way to the vets and no cranes at all!!