Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 11 November 2020

Incredibly late Hobby at Hickling... or was it?

As I mentioned yesterday: while waiting for the fog to clear, Linda and I took a walk around Hickling NNT reserve - more for the exercise than anything else!

In the event, we enjoyed terrifically close views of several groups of Bearded Tits, lots of winter thrushes, a Great White Egret as well as the usual Cranes, heard but not seen in the fog!

As we were approaching Stubb's Mill I glanced up to see a Peregrine chasing a smaller raptor: to my amazement, the second bird was a Hobby! I've seen odd Hobbies in mid-October, but never in mid-November! Or was the smaller bird a Merlin? Through the fog at 400m range, the photo is a bit grainy!








No comments: