Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 2 June 2023

Snatched half-hour at Ranworth

Now that Linda is back home from her stay in hospital she suggested I made a visit to Ranworth to see if yesterday's Black Terns were still present. Since she was resting and I knew I'd only be gone an hour I grabbed my gear and left!

Perhaps predictably the terns had departed, but I was in need of some exercise and did manage a year tick: a pair of delightful (but frustratingly coy!) Bullfinches. Other interesting birds included half a dozen Common Terns, two Marsh Harriers and dozens of all three Hirundines, as well as a few Swifts.

The mowed reedbed near the floating centre held half a dozen immaculate Southern Marsh Orchids, while a field of lavender near Pedham was unusual...









No comments: