Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 9 August 2023

Honey Buzzard at Strumpshaw

Linda sent me out at 4.30 to buy some salad to go with our Italian meal: I had to visit four supermarkets to find a couple of Little Gems and some tomatoes!

Knowing there'd been a Honey Buzzard hanging around the Mid-Yare Valley, I took the loop past the Fen: glancing from the car window I picked up a large raptor circling high to the west of the reserve: it was probably nearly overhead at Brundall. I pulled over into a passing place just before the cottages: through binoculars I could plainly see it was a Honey Buzzard, albeit just a dark silhouette.

I didn't have a camera, but I did have my mobile: I took a couple of 'snaps', before a car came along. The image below is hugely processed, but the shape is unmistakeable.

No comments: