Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 5 August 2023

Mistaken identity!

Today was the last morning of Church unlocking for a few weeks: hoping to avoid the promised rain I popped across early-ish (seeing lots of Yellowhammers on the way!)

As I walked through the churchyard I could just about make out a small, hunched, brown outline on one of the gravestones in the southern section: it looked a lot like a Little Owl. Having unlocked, put out signs etc, I rushed home, returning five minutes later with my camera to find that the bird was, in fact, a Red-legged Partridge! I did see a Buzzard on the way home...

Linda and I are pleased to have House Sparrows breeding in the garden: one of the recent fledgelings has taken to begging for food outside our bedroom window! He was joined by a Goldfinch, sheltering from the rain in the Buddleia. What beautiful birds they are!






No comments: