Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 21 February 2024

I know that face! It's Andy Robertshaw!

Back in the seventies (when I was still at College) I was a member of an English Civil War re-enactment group called The Greate Rebellion Society. In fact, as Col. Ralph Weldon, I was eventually in charge of the Parliamentarian contingent (Roundheads to you!) All good things must come to an end, but it was fun for a few years and took me and some great friends all round the country.

On a recent edition of 'Flog It' there was an item about a man who had built a trench system in his back garden in Surrey: as soon as he spoke, I recognised him as Andrew Robertshaw, who had been a Royalist in the society. Good to see he's made a career from his interest in military history!

Also in the photo:
Ray Kohn - internationally renowned educationalist and philosopher (centre, with beard)
Dr Rob Bryant - globally famous chemist (Head hidden by Ray's left hand!)
Me! Behind Ray, holding my morion helmet on!


No comments: