Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Smew, Green-winged Teal and Great Northern Diver in a morning!

Since I have band practice tonight (and am not feeling too great) Brian, Norman and I decided on a brief visit to the north coast. I was driving, so opted to start at Wells North Point Pools: not a site we've had lots of luck with!

On this occasion, however (and following an unnecessary wade through deep mud!) we eventually saw the target Green-winged Teal with help from a very obliging chap we've met many times.

Next stop was Cley: no Twite, no Egrets: nothing much, apart from 17 Avocets and the usual scones and coffee. We decided to head home via Hickling, which was pretty bleak: most of the reserve is shut off and flooded. However, I did manage to locate the red-head Smew. Fieldfares and Redwings were good to see.

On the way home I made a short detour to Rollesby roadside: despite finding the targer Great Northern Diver five times in my binoculars, it dived each time I turned the camera towards it! Very frustrating! Luckily Brian managed a shot, which you can see below!










No comments: