Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 3 July 2024

Suffolk Sound with Jules Button

Just finished my monthly astronomy chat with Jules Button on Suffolk Sound: as always a delightful (if brief!) session. One of her listeners asked about the famous 'X and Y' features on the Moon. These illusions are created by sunlight and shadow for just a few hours each month when the Moon is at its first quarter phase. The terminator (the divider between light and dark) passes through crater fields near the centre of the Moon's disc - you can just see the effect with a small telescope mounted on a tripod: I took my photos with a 300mm prime lens on my DSLR

I've already posted brief notes about the night sky and ISS in July (scroll down!) but you can hear the broadcast HERE for a week or two.



No comments: