Since I'm not really 'into' long-distance twitching these days, it's been a while since I've added to my life list: the last new bird was the Lincolnshire Lammergeier, I think (with recent demotions I'm now 'on' 441!)
With the hides at Cley being cleaned until 10am, I persuaded Brian and Norman to head south to Walberswick, where a shortish walk gave us almost immediate distant views of a new bird for all three of us - Zitting Cisticola. I've seen the species in France (when they were still called Fan-tailed Warblers!) so I knew what to look for and was able to find an adult and three juvenile birds. Always distant and through a bit of heat haze, it was still a great result! A couple of obliging Whimbrel were very welcome...
Since Minsmere was due to reopen today, we drove the short distance and walked round a virtually bird- and visitor free reserve. Highlights were lots of Terns, including Arctic, Roseate and Little among the hundreds of Common and Sandwich Terns, and being interviewed over lunch by a BBC Look East camera team! The Sluice Pool held a large shoal of decent Roach.. A brief stop at Hen Reedbeds and then home...












No comments:
Post a Comment