Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 18 September 2020

Patio frog and a Jupiter anomaly

This large frog spent some of the late afternoon underneath a bench on our patio: a most welcome visitor. He then sidled of into the new circular flower bed, where the fresh, deep manure and compost substrate is obviously to his liking.

I hadn't intended 'doing any astronomy' last night, but Jupiter was so well-placed I thought I'd try out the cell phone telescope adapter I mentioned earlier. While I was taking a series of 'shots' of Jupiter - none of which are particularly impressive - I noticed a pulsing light close to the planet. With the naked eye this was just visible, passing by before disappearing. It wasn't an aircraft: a satellite perhaps? I also took a single photo of the Pleiades, which came out pretty well.




No comments: