Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Great night for planet watchers!

Just before midnight the skies over East Norfolk cleared dramatically, so I dragged out my 4.5" refractor (just a cheap 'Sky Watcher'!) and took some photos of Jupiter, Saturn and Mars. The near-full Moon was close by, but didn't affect the results. The Jupiter images are composites of several different ISOs and exposure times, so that both Jupiter and three of its moons are visible: I think the small star to the left is just that: a 3rd mag star in Sagittarius.

 I did briefly wish I had a larger 'scope on a driven equatorial mount, so I could see some features on Mars, but we can't have everything in life, can we? The Moon was photographed using my usual 300mm prime and 1.4 converter.





No comments: