Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 26 May 2018

Yellow-legged Gull visits the Cash & Carry!

Linda and I have 'cards' to two C&Cs: one is on the Airport Industrial Estate. Now we have the NDR, it's just a ten minute drive from our village, so we popped in to pick up some bulk supplies! Naturally I didn't have a camera with me: we were only intending to be out of the house for an hour.

Needless to say, I quickly regretted not keeping to my usual routine: firstly we saw what I am 80% sure was a Quail that flew across the NDR as we slowed to look at a pair of Little Ringed Plovers on one of the several flood pools. Then, as we loaded up the car in the C&C car park, a beautiful adult Yellow-legged Gull dropped in with several Lesser Black-backs to look for scraps. Linda took a few distant pics with her phone, but in future I'll always throw a camera on the back seat!



No comments: