Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 15 June 2018

Turtle Doves, Hobbies and much more!

I took an early morning drive around the lanes on my way to carrying out an NWT birdlife survey at Hemblington Church. I paused briefly at a past location for Turtle Doves and was thrilled to hear one purring away nearby! A quick scan of some electricity cables soon revealed a dapper little male. Just as I was taking a few somewhat distant photos, a larger female flew from a nearby Oak and turfed him off! Since he then went deep into the small Oak, it might just be that the birds are incubating...

I arrived at Hemblington Church at 6.00am, settling down in the centre of the conservation area to start my one-hour count. By 7.00am I'd seen or heard 30 species, including two pairs of Whitethroats and a dashing couple of Hobbies, one of which flew right through the churchyard too close for a decent photo: the other did circuits of Hemblington Hall!







No comments: