Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 13 July 2019

Honey Buzzard? No: Funny Buzzard!

There's been a bit of a gathering of Buzzards over the Heath today: half a dozen or so, of which two were the familiar local residents. While cleaning out the pond filters (again!!!) I looked up to see a long-tailed, small-headed, wide winged Buzzard, flying on 'flat' wings. Hoping it might be a Honey, I rushed indoors and grabbed a camera. Of course, the settings were all wrong (ISO too low, no backlight comp. etc) but I managed a couple of images. (These have been colour and brightness enhanced) As you can see, the bird is a Common Buzzard! All of which shows that, in my case at least, the usual discriminators are not always useful when a bird is a) high and b) in silhouette! I add a few images of an undoubted Common for comparison...






No comments: