Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 30 September 2019

Viz!

'Viz' is a hilarious but somewhat gratuitously vulgar comic for grown-ups that was first produced by a couple of Geordies in 1987. I actually bought the very first edition and began collecting it: soon there was a huge, pointless pile of them in the spare room. Fortunately, the Donalds decided to release yearly compilations of the most popular strips: Roger Melly, Buster Gonad, The Fat Slags, Biffa Bacon and the others. I'm told that I used to resemble Sid the Sexist when I had long hair: can't see it myself!

I wonder how many people have a full set of Viz annuals? Even though I'm an old crumbly and have read them all dozens of times. I still find them amusing and 'edgy': excellent stuff!


No comments: