Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 16 June 2022

Bempton Cliffs: no sign of Albert, but some great birds

I know few of you will believe this, but the failure of the long-staying Albatross to put in an appearance hardly dampened my enjoyment of a three-day run up to Bempton Cliffs. I was asked if I'd like to join chum Norman and his brother Laurie for a Tuesday to Thursday stay in our favourite B & B, the Cameron Court: Once Linda said she was fine with it, we headed north, leaving Norwich at 9.00am. In the event, it wouldn't have mattered when we left, because Albert disappeared on Monday night and didn't return before we left on Thursday.

Plenty of birdy highlights: an unexpected Bittern at Far Ings, by the Humber Bridge, lots of Auk / Gannet / 'Rock Dove' and Tree Sparrow action and probably the closest views I've ever had of a singing Corn Bunting. More later!
















No comments: