Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 8 July 2023

LEO dipping at dawn!

Since Linda needed the car this morning (and because I thought there was a chance that yesterday's Long-eared Owl might show earlier rather than later) I left home while the waxing gibbous Moon was still bright. The local Barn Owl was quartering the Heath: always good to see.

In my innocence, I imagined I might be the first visitor - but no: there was already a gallery of a dozen or so when I arrived! One of these was Dick Filby, the originator of Rare Bird Alert. It was great fun reminiscing with him about the 'old days' of Nancy's Cafe, the Beach Hotel and twitching fifty years ago, before it became an Olympic sport!

The owl was a no-show: however, three Bittern flight views were welcome, as was the Kingfisher that zipped around at warp speed!








No comments: