Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Two more Yellow-broweds and a Rough-legged Buzzard - but still no photos!

I'm beginning to think of Yellow-browed Warbler as a bogey bird: I've now seen over thirty this Autumn but haven't taken a single photo! Today I spent four hours in Great Yarmouth Cemetery: I heard YBWs, I saw YBWs but none posed for a picture!

On the way, just past the Stracey Arms (as was!) a beautiful Rough-legged Buzzard drifted across the road just a few metres in front of my van, before alighting on a power cable. Needless to say, there was nowhere to stop. Great views though, shared by several other birders on their way eastwards.

The cemetery was full of Robins, Song Thrushes, Redwings, Goldcrests and Chiffchaffs, as well as a few Willow Warblers and a solitary Pied Flycatcher. One of the phyllos had an astonishing supercilium, but I think it was just a well-marked chiffy.

Oh well: let's see what tomorrow brings!







No comments: