Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Buzzard passage and one that got away!

Still housebound! Hopefully I'll be venturing into Narridge for a haircut tomorrow....

Nevertheless: the view from my office window is pretty good, looking out over open fields to the north and a clear horizon to the east (See below!)

Today, as I sat and worked (labelling newly-arrived meteorites!) I was frequently distracted by Buzzards mewing as they flew overhead: there must have been a dozen pairs, as well as several trios and one four. A couple of the birds were almost candidates for Rough-legged, with white, dark-banded tails.

Early this morning - before I had the camera set up - a really chunky accipiter flew straight overhead: as big as a Buzzard, with the characteristic 'flap, flap, glide, flap, flap, glide' flight pattern...







No comments: