Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 30 April 2020

Five more 'lockdown ticks': but be careful which button you press!

I made an early start and took another longish walk to some local grazing marshes. This is interlaced with dykes and has two or three pools, so has the potential to add new species on every visit. Today was no exception, with Grasshopper Warbler (seen briefly but heard well) Swift, Sand Martin, Reed Bunting and Peregrine all new for the list. I also managed to take some photos of Mistle Thrushes and a Cuckoo, which friend Keith pointed out as we chatted (a suitable distance apart, of course!)

My Pentax K-3 is a great piece of kit, but it has a couple of irritating design faults. There is a control button cluster on the rear more or less where you hold the body: just before I photographed the Cuckoo, I must have inadvertently pressed this, so all the subsequent images are in grey scale. This isn't me being 'arty', just an irritating piece of bad luck! The coloured image of the Cuckoo is Keith's!

As well as Keith, I bumped into another local, 'Lingwood' Murray, who had taken some first-class pictures of the Gropper.








 







No comments: