Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 23 October 2020

Astonishing F35

Today, as I was working in my office, I heard the most incredible aircraft engine roar: it could only have been from a Typhoon or F35.

Rushing outside, I was amazed to see an F35, apparently in the livery of the USAF Thunderbirds display team. I had no idea that the US airforce was replacing their F16s with the F35: if they are intending to do so, future air shows will be very loud affairs! I clicked away madly, only to see the 'no SD card' display😡
The photo below is a concept image from Lockheed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Article in the EDP explaining this is part of a large exercise.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/exercise-crimson-warrior-training-f35-jets-from-raf-marham-1-6897284
r
Roger

David Bryant said...

Interesting: but what impressed me about today's F35 is that it wasn't in combat colours, but seemed to be in Thunderbirds display livery...