Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 10 November 2021

Great Grey Shrike at Waxham and the first Whoopers of the Autumn....

Since I had to be in Acle for a haircut at midday, I thought I'd carry on to Waxham for another bash at yesrerday's Shrike. As soon as I arrived at Church Road I found a small group of birders watching the bird on a distant hedge east of Shangri-La (not west as on the pager!)

I jumped out of the car and spent five minutes enjoying the bird's flycatching antics, taking just one vaguely useable photo. After a short while the Shrike flew down, failing to reappear for the following half hour or so.

Near Sea Palling a small herd of Whoopers were in roadside fields, somewhat distant and 'washed' out by the mist: still, nice to see.




No comments: