Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 14 March 2022

One degree of separation: Benedict Cumberbatch.

Watching the BAFTAs last night (being too ill to reach for the TV remote!) it occurred to me to wonder whether 'Cumberbatch' was the famous actor's real name: accordingly, I Googled him. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that he is, in fact, 70's actress Wanda Ventham's son!
"So what?" I hear you murmur! Well, back in 1971 - when master Cumberbatch was still some five years in the future - I helped finance my teaching certificate by under-managing a Greengrocer's shop in Brentwood Arcade, Essex.

Ms. Ventham was a regular customer: I enjoyed chatting with her, not the least because she was vivacious, witty and bought a lot of fruit! She appeared in almost everything back in the day: Dr Who, UFO, the Avengers - even Carry on Cleo!


No comments: