Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 10 April 2022

Cambridge Festival of Science

Linda and I have a soft spot for Cambridge for a variety of reasons: 

  • We had our honeymoon there back in 1994
  • I spent a few weeks in the city, staying with my brother after I left the Navy (He studied for his PhD at Peterhouse)
  • I have lectured at the Institute of Astronomy on numerous occasions (And taken part in half a dozen biannual pantomimes for the Cambridge Astronomical Association!)
  • Linda and I have organized some successful space and meteorite-themed events in Cambridge
Yesterday we were thrilled to be back at the Institute as part of their contribution to Science Week. This year (for obvious reasons!) the event was staged in marquees on the 'Fred Hoyle'  lawn, the number of visitors being limited by ticket to around half the usual attendance. Despite this, we had a successful and enjoyable day, thanks to Outreach Officer Dr Matt Bothwell and his team. Matt has stepped into the shoes of his predecessor (and our old friend) Dr Carolin Crawford and the organization was as superb as ever!





No comments: