Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 11 April 2022

Fat Birder!

No: not me!
Fat Birder is a website which hosts links to several hundred bird-related websites and blogs around the world. It can be a very useful resource for birders and bloggers alike, but (as I've commented in the past) its ranking system is distorted by commercial enterprises (many from Asia) that presumably use ranking software to promote themselves. I'm frequently targeted by Chinese companies encouraging me (with false financial incentives) to post links on my blog.

I know other genuine bloggers have become frustrated with Fat Birder, to the extent that they have removed the link from their pages: there's nothing more irritating than seeing that your carefully-crafted and regularly updated blog has been sent down the ratings by a Malaysian bird seed wholesaler!

No comments: