Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 29 April 2022

No Ouzels at Waxham Sands - but Hickling saves the day!

Not wanting to miss the astonishing flood of Ring Ouzels into Norfolk, I headed out to Horsey Gap for an early-morning four mile hike. I walked past the camp sites, checking every bush and turfy field: nothing! A walk through the dunes was similarly unproductive, apart from at least a couple of dozen Stonechats, a Roe Deer and a few Linnets.  (Just after I returned home, the pager reported 17 Ouzels at Waxham!)

Since Hickling was on my way home, I stopped off and walked out to the 'mound' just before Stubb Mill. Here I found a Wood Sandpiper before finally managing to add Ring Ouzel to the year list (as well as a couple of belated Ringed Plovers!)













No comments: