Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 18 March 2017

Ooops, I did it again!

Linda had to visit Wex today to get one of her Trailcams repaired under warrantee. While she did the paperwork, I wandered around and checked out the cabinets: inevitably I found a possible addition to my camera armoury! Among the tiny display of Pentax gear was a demo model K3: just a couple of hundred shutter ops and available at half list price. I must have been wearing the right aftershave (Joop, since you ask!) because Linda insisted on buying it for me!

It's a great piece of kit: apart from the really expensive full-frame K-1 it's the only camera advertised  by Ricoh / Pentax as 'professional'. Stuck indoors this afternoon, but I managed to photograph the Robin below: it's 200 feet away against a murky grey sky, but already I can see the benefits of a 24.4 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor.

Roll on my next birding trip: let's hope yesterday's White-tailed Eagle visits the Yare Valley!


No comments: