Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 31 May 2020

Lockdown: the final total!

Unless we're subject to a 'second peak', tomorrow sees a return to something like normality. I wasn't tempted to become involved in a scrum to see the Squacco Heron at Bayfield Lake today, but as time goes by I'm sure things will become a little less hectic. With this in mind, it seems appropriate to close my 'lockdown list' tonight: every bird on it was seen or heard in compliance with government guidelines and, given that my strict local patch is in the middle of fairly barren farmland, I reckon 106 species was a pretty reasonable total. My favourite discoveries were two local Little Owl sites and a Kingfisher just ten minutes from the front door. I never did 'get' a Meadow Pipit!




No comments: