Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Wednesday 6 May 2020

Marshland meander!

The local marsh was absolutely beautiful - and still frosty - as I walked down to the river. Whitethroats, Sedge Warblers and Cetti's were everywhere and I saw at least four Reed Warblers. I bumped into 'Lingwood' Murray, who had just a Curlew to report (I still 'need' one of those!) and - across a fifteen foot gap - we briefly discussed my inability to locate a Meadow Pipit. He carried on home, I carried on to the old windpump: no sign of any Groppers today, but a birding couple had just seen a Wall (Brown) butterfly - that would have been nice!

Best of the rest were some waders and distant ducks on the pools, so home to spend a couple of hours practising some new numbers on the guitar.











No comments: