Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 17 August 2020

Gull-billed dip!

I put off going down to Alton Water for the long-staying Gull-billed Tern until I could check whether any of my birding buddies wanted to come: they didn't! Given the heavy overnight rain, the early morning fog and the bird's moult, I set off at 6.00am in a buoyant mood. Six hours later I retreated to Norfolk having dipped on what I'd been sure was a banker!

An enjoyable morning, nonetheless: great to meet John Pringle and swap stories of giant fish and rare birds and also two charming guys from West London, with whom the discussion moved to LGRE and cricket!

A few interesting birds passed through: an adult and young Peregrine, three Common Sandpipers, a couple of Black-tailed Godwits and a few Buzzards...




Egyptians in the mist!

Bell tower of the old HMS Ganges




No comments: