Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 25 June 2021

Collared Pratincole - just!

I hadn't intended going out today: too much to do at home. Inevitably, though, when Linda returned home from Norwich the temptation proved too much: I took all the back roads to Hickling NWT reserve. Despite this strategic route-planning, the half-hour journey took forty minutes: inevitably the Pratincole had been flying around, but was now settled down on a distant shingle spit. And there iut stayed for the two hours I was there! I did manage a small cluster of overdue year ticks: Little Ringed Plover, Curlew Sandpiper and Green & Wood Sandpipers, as well as Hobby, Spoonbill and both the Black-winged Stilts. Sometimes photography just isn't an option, but I did enjoy seeing all these smart birds.
Nice to bump into ex-pupil John E (even though it made me feel quite old!)






No comments: