Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 18 September 2021

Too much astronomy!

A correspondent on Facebook recently commented that many of my recent postings on this blog and elsewhere in the 'social media' have been a little 'astronomy top heavy'. There's a reason for this!

Today (with Linda at a bee-keeping function at the Forum) I thought I'd go for a walk around Potter Heigham Marsh, where Spoonbills, Great White and Cattle Egrets have been reported over the past few days. Despite a decently early start, the absence of any other walkers and a fine morning there was virtually nothing at which to point a camera: just a few Little Egrets and thousands of feral geese. Water levels were very low, and the only waders I saw were a couple of Golden Plovers and some Lapwings!

So that's it: at this time of year it seems a wicked waste of fuel and road miles to go chasing off after guaranteed targets in Yorkshire or Lincolnshire, so I'll stick with astrophotography - if the sky ever clears again, that is!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad I'm not the only person who enters the birding dead zone at this time of year. Love the other stuff.

Roger