Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 22 February 2022

Glossy Ibis at Rockland St Mary

Given my recent dipping history, I delayed venturing after the reported Ibis until the weather had improved. Today there was a brief window of opportunity at around 11.00am, so I grabbed my gear and scooted!

Arriving at Rockland, I parked and walked eastwards along the road, scanning the grazing marshes and dykes. For ten minutes all I managed to see was a Buzzard: I reached the farm gate that has featured in a few Twitter posts: still no sign. I was beginning to think Glossy Ibis was going to be this year's bogey bird when, glancing down I suddenly realised this handsome bird was feeding about ten feet from me! I spent half an hour enjoying close views of what used to be a great rarity (like many people, my first was the long-stayer at Stodmarsh forty years ago!) before returning home for lunch.








No comments: