Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 5 February 2022

What on Earth is wrong with the BBC?

Yesterday morning I received an e-mail from a researcher at the BBC: he wanted to borrow some meteorites for use on an upcoming science documentary. In the past I've lent items to Dara O'Briain and Brian Cox among others, and have been less than impressed with the way I've been treated. This time my response was that I'd be happy to lend the meteorites, but that I'd need some acknowledgement in the closing credits. The researcher replied that this was not possible. I pointed out that every antiques, motoring, cookery and home improvement show displays the names of the businesses visited or products used. After a pause, the researcher said he'd '...ask my boss' Needless to say, I've heard nothing!

Friends in the fossil trade, as well as the owner of an owl sanctuary, have told me they've been treated similarly: one colleague runs a major rock and mineral business: he lent the Beeb some very rare and valuable items, which were returned - without explanation - too badly damaged to return to stock.

No comments: