Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 3 February 2022

Red-breasted Goose at Cley

I was just about to have lunch when the pager sent me northward to Cley, where a Red-breasted Goose was feeding with Brents on the Eye Field. I kept to the speed limits all the way and was rewarded by wonderful views of this dapper little goose as soon as I arrived. A smallish gallery (including a charming lady who 'put me onto' the RBG) enjoyed this eastern visitor (well: possibly western, from Lincolnshire!) as the Brents fed close to Beach Road. I sat back in the car and took more photos until, for no obvious reason, the whole flock flew east. The only possible cause I could think of was perhaps a group of birders who had decided to stand right on the skyline: not great field craft...







2 comments:

Gillian said...

Lovely pictures of the red-breasted goose. I hadn’t realised until I got home that it was a life tick for me so I was well chuffed. I, like you was dead lucky with the timing. Good to meet you
Gillian

David Bryant said...

Good to meet you too, Gillian!