* It was noticeably smaller and slimmer
* It didn't have four prominent pterostigmata
* It had obviously plum-coloured eyes
* The frons was so pale it was visible from twenty feet away
* Its head was much smaller in relation to its body than a Four Spot. (See bottom photo!)
I just don't know what to make of it all: the county recorder and my dragonfly guru say yes, but I suppose I'll have to accept the opinions of other people who know a lot more than I do!
|Large White-faced Darter|
|Four-spotted Chaser (Note head broader than thorax!)|