Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 27 December 2019

Blue-headed Eastern Yellow Wagtail!

Linda and I made an early start and arrived at Sedgeford just as it was getting light: this meant we had no trouble parking and were soon joining a good-natured group of perhaps a dozen birders. It's not often that Linda and I add to our life-lists these days, but this pretty little bird was number 432 for both of us. It was far too gloomy for decent photos, but I managed a few that were acceptable before we headed off to Wells so that Linda could catch up with the long-staying Rough-legged Buzzard. (On the way we paused at Choseley to scan the largest flock of Pink-footed Geese I think I've ever seen: there were at least a couple of Tundra Beans in among them)

The Rough-leg showed well - if somewhat distantly - before we decided to head home for lunch: a great little snatched session.















No comments: