Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 2 August 2022

Yearlist update

I've managed 220+ species every year for a decade: twice Linda and I achieved 300+, during the period when we made and sold rare bird videos.

However: last year (with fuel costs and lockdowns) I failed to reach 200, despite some amazing encounters. This year, however, I passed 200 by the end of July, with short breaks in Devon and Sussex still to come. Before anyone messages me: I know there are serious year listers out there who passed 200 birds before Easter: but I rarely leave Norfolk and Suffolk these days and certainly had no desire to twitch Eleanora's or even Great Reed Warbler: also, commitments with the new band restrict my birding excursions...

Anyhow: at the moment I'm 'on' a respectable 192!

No comments: