Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 30 September 2016

Glossy Ibis: back at Strumpshaw Fen

I'm pleased to admit that I was wrong about 'Iris the Ibis' having departed a fortnight ago: apart from a brief day-trip to the Bure Valley, it seems to have settled in for a long stay again!

Today I spent an hour or two hoping for a few decent shots of Bearded Tits, but although a few flocks / family groups were moving through the reed beds I didn't manage anything half decent. Good to chat with Brian & Ann S and Dave R, as well as several other regulars while we waited, though!

After a while Brian and Ann and I moved on to Tower Hide: we quickly located the Ibis in the shadows on the far side of the pool. It did eventually fly nearer, although my best shots were from the corner sluice near Lackford Run.
 










No comments: