Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Amazing garden tick....

...for my brother!

My elder brother Rob introduced me to birding and occasionally visits Norfolk for a day in the field. Since he lives in what is arguably another 'top three county' (Kent) we mostly stay in touch by 'phone or e-mail - I did visit the Golden-winged Warbler site in Maidstone with him (he saw it, I didn't!)

His latest e-mail was astonishing: a Red-throated Diver had plonked itself down on his driveway! Rob felt that one of the raging thunderstorms that had swept through Orpington had 'swatted' it down: it seemed completely unhurt, if a little hungry and exhausted. Rob called the RSPCA who took it away and fed it before, I believe, releasing it no worse for its experience!



No comments: