Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 17 October 2019

Cranes, Great White Egrets and Bearded Tits: must be Hickling!

Since it was such a beautiful morning, and since Linda had lots to do in the garden, she suggested I went for a walk somewhere! I toyed with Horsey and Winterton, but in the end decided to visit Hickling NWT Reserve. Hardly anyone was about, so I pretty much had the reedbeds and scrapes to myself - apart from old friend Mike (To whom I must apologize for forgetting his name - a senior moment!)

On my stroll around this beautifully-kept reserve I came across several big parties of Bearded Tits, numerous groups of bugling Common Cranes and two different Great White Egrets. Plenty of Migrant Hawkers and Ruddy Darters still about, while the woods held a few Fieldfares and Redwings.




 








No comments: