Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 13 October 2019

Shorelark and Black Redstarts at Lowestoft... and some thoughtless 'toggers'.

Following a walk around the Antique Fair at Carrow Road, Linda and I carried on to Ness Point Lowestoft for a look at the long-staying Shorelark. As we approached the south end of the 'promenade' we could see three men lying on the floor, photographing the Shorelark at a range of around ten feet! We crept up carefully and took a few pictures from around thirty yards (from the other side of a pipework barrier) The three 'gentlemen' proceeded to slither even closer, spooking the bird, which flew over the seawall onto the rocks. I managed a few more shots, before the bird disappeared off over the harbour, once again apparently flushed by the original trio. As you can see from the image below, all three of this group had large lenses, and - in my mind, anyhow - had no need to try and get within six feet of the Shorelark: my lens is just a 300 mm prime and I'd've thought my images were perfectly adequate….

On the way back to the car, Linda and I connected with four, possibly five Black Redstarts, only one of which posed briefly behind two fences!









No comments: