Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 28 December 2020

Best birds of 2020

It has, as they say, been a funny old year: two periods of 'lockdown' limited most birders to short journeys on their local patches. Nevertheless, I managed to see - and photograph - 220 species with just a couple of legal trips out of Norfolk. 

Despite the restrictions on travel, it was a year during which I added three new birds to my UK list (four, if you include Lammergeier!) saw two species of Phalarope, five species of Wagtail, and five species of Grebe. 

It was a good year on my walking local patch, with Kingfisher, Wheatear and Glossy Ibis among the additions to my 'lockdown list'  list of 176 species!

Here are some of the more special birds of 2020: let's hope we all can legally enjoy more freedom in 2021...















No comments: