Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 20 December 2021

Just like France! A flock of Egrets at Martham

Since I was dropping Linda off at her son's house at 8.00am, I decided to carry on to Buckenham Marsh on what turned out to be a wild goose chase! No White-fronts or Beans that I could see: just thousands of Pink Feet. There were a couple of Peregrines and a few Ruff, but - apart from the vast numbers of Wigeon - little else to get excited about.

I decided to carry on to Martham to see if I could connect with the reported flock of Cattle Egrets along Cess Road (the road leading down to Martham Ferry, where, thirty-odd years ago, I caught my first twenty pound pike!) On the way there (via Halvergate Bridge) I stopped to photograph a Buzzard and a fly-over Great White Egret.

I didn't need to look hard: the egrets were visible right by the road, among a flock of sheep. Too spread out to catch them all in one shot, there were seven (at least!) Cattle Egrets and three Little Egrets. I grabbed a few shots and headed home...












No comments: