Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 7 February 2019

Still rocking...

...but where does the time go?

As I was about to get ready for tonight's jam session at the local club, I came across a photo of my very first band: 'Crude Oil'. The girl (Kate) wasn't actually in the band, but she made our 'Sgt. Pepper jackets' and had a big house we could rehearse in! Also, her dad was an electronics engineer and made our PA system!

In order (left to right) the line-up was:
Terry Kilpin - bass
Me! Vocals and lead
Dick Neale - rhythm / vocals
Chris Reason - drums
Kate Hendry - groupie!

We were reasonably successful, particularly when I was replaced on lead by a fantastic guitarist called Stan McDonald. He played Albatross note perfectly at a gig after a single hearing on the way there!

The newer picture is the last gigging band I was with: 'Serious Risk'.
Top row:
Chris Grey - drums (he also drummed with 'The Veil' and 'Red Hot and Blue')
Me! Rhythm and vocals
Front row:
Howie Marsh - lead / vocals
Paul Morgan - bass

I still see Paul and Chris and occasionally chat with Howie on Facebook. He played in a band called 'The Divide' with my old mate Garth 'Harmonica' Coupland



No comments: