Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 30 July 2021

Heavens Above got it wrong!

I must apologize to any of you who stood outside at ten o' clock last night, waiting to see the ISS and Nauka science module pass overhead: it didn't happen!

I source my satellite transit times from the usually very accurate website 'Heavens Above''. For the past few days they've been inviting their members to look out for the two spacecraft in close proximity at 10.00pm on 29th July: in fact the Nauka module docked with the ISS during the afternoon. What's more, I failed to see the ISS during its predicted pass...

I did get a couple of decent images of Ursa Major, however! For those of you with no background in Astronomy, I've added an arrow to show how you can use the Great Bear to find the Pole Star (Polaris)


No comments: