Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 19 July 2021

The Moon with Sky-Watcher Maksutov 127 and ASI CCD

A warm, clearish night prompted me to set up the laptop outside and connect it to my Sky-Watcher Mak127 and ASI CCD. Using the hand controller, I was able to sit at the patio table and scan across the Moon's surface, grabbing images of anything that interested me! This is still very much a learning curve: it's a lot more complex than the online help-sites would have you believe. Nevertheless, an hour's session produced some half-decent images of Copernicus and the Apennine Mts, Plato and the Alpine Valley, the Straight Wall and the giant crater Clavius.

Eventually (around 11.30) Jupiter and Saturn rose above the garden fence and I tried to find them in the 'scope. Despite refocusing on the Moon, I just couldn't find either: this can only be an exposure issue with the Sky-cap software. More research needed!







No comments: