Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 5 July 2021

Pacific Golden Plover and other 'goodies'!

After a leisurely breakfast, I headed north for a spot of filthy year-ticking! Amazingly, despite a somewhat tardy arrival, there were a couple of spaces in the East Bank carpark, so I was soon walking towards a small gallery looking across the Serpentine. As I approached old acquaintances Julian and Sarah B, I saw what was obviously the target bird take off and fly into the distance, dropping out of sight behind a bank! After a good old reminisce with J & B, I carried on to the Richardson's Lookout, more to find shelter from the rain than anything. Already ensconced were more familiar faces: Chris and David, who pointed out a couple of Little Gulls.

Once the rain had subsided, I retraced my steps to my original spot overlooking the Serpentine, where I was delighted to discover that the PGP had returned. I enjoyed half an hour's birding and banter with Twitter link 'Big Pat F', before we both returned to Arnold's for distant views of a dinky Roseate Tern. Other birds of note included Spoonbill, Bearded Tit and Common Sandpiper.










No comments: