Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Friday 25 November 2016

All about the raptors: six species at Buckenham in thirty minutes!

I had a very brief window this morning: since I had to be near Buckenham Marsh, I thought I'd have a quick scan from the path down to the hide.

The only geese I saw were feral: Greylags, Barnacles, Canadas and some interesting hybrids. Lots of Wigeon now: just how many was obvious when one of the resident Peregrines put them up!

The Peregrine was the first of a rush of Raptors I collected - although the photo's aren't great, I managed to see Marsh Harrier, two Buzzards, two Kestrels, Sparrowhawk and Little Owl. Other things of interest included two flocks of Fieldfares and a pair of Swans with completely black bills: could they be the Trumpeters from Suffolk on a day trip?














No comments: