Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Penny Clarke: get well soon!

I see from Penny's blog that she has tested positive for C-19: I imagine all of us wish her a complete and speedy recovery. Reading the blog entry made me even more aware of the debt of gratitude we owe to our healthcare workers: politics aside, everyone working in the NHS and private healthcare sector are on the front line of this pandemic and, IMHO, the very least we can do to support them is STAY AT HOME unless absolutely necessary, until we're told otherwise.

As I've mentioned before, I have T2 diabetes and, for nearly ten years, have attempted to control it by diet and exercise. The older I get, the more difficult this is, but I'm resisting taking  metformin because it has some possibly dangerous side-effects. However: I'm not going to use this as an excuse to drive off to the coast or down to the Brecks for daily exercise: everyone who does that is, in my view, perfectly aware that they are potentially putting others at risk. I carry out my daily 4 or 5 mile walks around the local roads or indoors, if necessary.

I've said it before, I say it again: I'm seventy: another six months lockdown probably represents 5% of what time I have left (Hopefully!) To a 20 year-old, it's a mere .83% 

No comments: